PRACTICE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint about the service you have received from any member of staff working in this practice, please let us know. The practice operates a Complaints Procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.
Note: If you make a complaint it is practice policy to ensure you are not discriminated against, or subjected to any negative effect on your care, treatment or support.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
In the first instance please discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned. Where the issue cannot be resolved at this stage, please contact Donna Revill, the Assistant Practice Manager who will try to resolve the issue and offer you further advise on the complaints procedure. If your problem cannot be resolved at this stage and you wish to make a formal complaint please let us knows as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days. This will enable the practice to get a clear picture of the circumstances surrounding the complaint.
If it is not possible to raise your complaint immediately, please let us have details of your complaint within the following timescales:
- Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem
- Within 12 months from when the complaint comes to your notice
The Practice will acknowledge your complaint within three working days.
The Practice will arrange a meeting with you to discuss the complaint, to agree with you how the complaint is going to be investigated and the timescale for this to be completed.
When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:
- Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint
- Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
- Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
Should you be unhappy with any part of the experience we offer at Kirkby Community Primary Care Centre, let us know. There are a number of ways to do this:-
- Call in and speak to a member of staff
- fill out a complaint form
- NHS choices feedback site for compliments and complaints
- Write a letter to us
For more information see our patient leaflet - click on the Icon